The History of the Country Garden Club of Perrysburg, Ohio
For over 75 years, the Country Garden Club has contributed to the preservation, conservation, and beautification of Perrysburg, Ohio and the surrounding community. From their first community project in 1932 to the present, the energetic members of the CGC have worked tirelessly toward the betterment of northwest Ohio.
In September, 1932, Country Garden Club (“CGC”) was organized by several prominent local women. By 1933, the CGC was already a member of the Garden Club Forum of Toledo and the Garden Club of Ohio. In 1942, it became the only garden club from Northwest Ohio to be admitted as a member of The Garden Club of America.